Sunday 11 December 2011

A Bit About Me

As the close of 2011 quickly approaches planning for the New Year has begun.

So What I hear you say, doesnt everyone look forward to the New Year and plan for their future.

Yes they do and they also look back at the year past to ponder the experiences good and bad that have influenced their life.

This then will be my theme for this post and how I have come to where I am in my lifes journey.

Age wise I believe I am half way through my lifes journey this is calculated on my desire to reach 100yrs you know telegram from the Queen/King and all that although by then it will most likely arrive via email. I place one condition on making this age and my quality of life will be measured against whether I am able to wipe my own bum and at least still have the majority of my faculties in order.

As I near the half way mark I have this irrepressible desire to experience new things, new people, new cultures and to see things I have never thought possible before.

Ahhhhhh! I hear you say, mid-life crisis!

I cant say that this is not the case but I ponder the definition of the mid-life crisis and question is one persons mid-life crisis another persons strategically and well thought out life transition. (I just made that up).

I must state very clearly that I have no intention of buying a sports car, having an affair or undertaking any of the stereotypical activities usually associated with the mid-life crisis.

What I do want to do though is relocate to the UK buy a motorhome visit every country possible in Europe but especially Italy and especially Napoli where I plan to spend a great deal of time with my bestie and her family.

What I want to also do is take as many people on my journey as I possibly can and how better to do this than by blogging this adventure.

At this stage I would like to introduce the other two people in my life that will accompany us on this journey.

My very handsom husband who I love more than the world. He is one of those beautiful men who are gruff and tuff and grumpy on the outside with a heart of gold and all pink and white marshmallow on the inside.

The other traveller will be our almost 5yr old daughter, our gift from the universe, bright as a button and as sharp as a tack to use a couple of old cliches.

So with the introduction over with stay tuned for an update of the planning stage and some more information on our trio of travellers, the happy 5 yr old who cant wait to live in a campervan/motorhome, the nervous husband working hard to understand his crazy wife and me the crazy wife chomping at the bit to get on that plane and start the Journey.

Cheers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment