Sunday 25 December 2011

Milestone One

Moving towards my highly anticipated re-location I am now consciously counting down the milestones, today has been the first, Christmas Day is out of the way!!!!!

Tablets for my adult children to ensure they have access to SKYPE, to keep in contact when we leave and I must be able to watch my beautiful granddaughter grow up.

Milestone 2 will obviously be New Years Day I think much more for the symbolism than anything else, milestone 3 will see the sale of my country house which will fund the journey milestone 4 will be obtaining Miss 4's passport, milestone 5 will be receiving our Visa and milestone 6 will be purchasing our tickets, milestone 7 will be taking off from Sydney and milestone 8 will see us landing in London.

But back to Milestone 1 as I sit in front of my computer exhausted almost delirious I feel a little let down although my kids with the exception of 2nd boi were all here in one way or another somehow it just wasn't the same I still slaved over a hot stove and cooked far too much food, I washed up five times, cleaned up wrapping paper and boxes too many times, finally had a granny nap and got up and washed up again. So the day has been no different than most others but it just feels different, maybe the distraction of the move maybe just that once you have adult children it just isn't the same, or maybe the wonder of whether having Christmas away from them next year in a foreign country may prove to be too much or maybe it will be more fulfilling who know we will need to wait and see!

Saffy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment